|Nominal duration||2 lata / 2 years|
|Tuition fee||PLN5,000.00 per semester|
|Application fee||PLN85.00 one-time|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
EU and EFTA applicants and holders of the Polish charter (Karta Polaka) may choose to follow the procedure for international applicants and be admitted based on the Rector’s decision, or follow the admission procedure applicable to Polish citizens (ranking based on grades).
Double Degree Master Programme in Quantitative Asset and Risk Management ARIMA is provided by universities:
- University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna (Austria),
- University of Bologna (Italy),
- Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iaşi (Romania) ,
- University of Economics in Katowice (Poland).
The programme is targeted at the graduates of a bachelor degree fluent in the English language, economics, finance, mathematics, statistics and MS Excel.
The main objective is to provide in-depth knowledge on mechanisms of functioning financial markets through combining elements of asset management with risk management. Distinctive feature of the programme is concentrating didacting process on learning the phenomena of penetrating the risk through each aspect of asset management.
The programme aims at improving graduate’s chances on the labour market particularly through developing and improving linguistic skills, knowledge in the business ethics and practice in financial management. Close cooperation with the business representatives – who actively participate in the programme delivery – enables combining theory with practice. Additionally the students have the opportunity to broaden their perspectives by participating in mobility offered within the programme.
Graduates receive the Master’s Diploma of the University of Economics in Katowice and – on completion of 30 ECTS in one of Partner Institution – Diploma of the Partner Institution.
The graduate’s profile is being characterized by the programme learning outcomes. On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- describe and analyse the connections between asset and risk management in finance
- quantify and assess risk types in risk management, and infer measures for integrated steering of banks and insurance companies
- analyse various asset classes and their products, and base forecast models on this analysis
- carry out portfolio selections, and calculate key performance figures
- apply the methods of financial mathematics to asset and risk management