|Study location||Poland, Katowice|
|Nominal duration||2 lata / 2 years|
|Tuition fee||PLN6,000 per semester|
|Application fee||PLN85 one-time|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in any language
EU and EFTA applicants and holders of the Polish charter (Karta Polaka) may choose to follow the procedure for international applicants and be admitted based on the Rector’s decision, or follow the admission procedure applicable to Polish citizens (ranking based on grades).
E-commerce is an area of business activity that is still gaining importance as it is a potential source of revenue for both Internet businesses and those that treat e-commerce as an additional product distribution channel.
The aim of the studies is to provide students with knowledge and skills in the field of conducting commercial activities on the Internet and the use of social media in line with the expectations of enterprises in the era of electronic economy. Students will also acquire knowledge about the conditions, ways and principles of conducting business activities on domestic and international markets.
The studies are aimed at acquiring knowledge and competences by the students in the areas of:
- models of using the Internet in commercial and promotional activities of enterprises in a multicultural environment,
- management of e-commerce and social media projects and their efficient and effective implementation,
- creating IT solutions for e-commerce,
- financing of e-commerce projects,
- analyzing data for e-commerce purposes,
- consumer involvement in shaping electronic sales channels,
- preparing promotional campaigns using Google Ads (preparation for Google AdWords certification),
- measuring the effectiveness of e-commerce activities using Google Analytics,
- conducting promotional activities in social media,
- knowledge of legal and financial aspects in virtual space.
The E-commerce study programme is taught in English. It is also distinguished by a practical approach to the content taught, which allows candidates to become familiar with the requirements for graduates in the labor market at this stage of education. Students ending the course have the skills to use the acquired knowledge in practice.
This study programme is an innovative course combining the traditional approach to the field with modern methods of knowledge transfer. The entire programme of studies is designed so that the student will gain complete knowledge and skills that will allow for a smooth transition from the stage of learning directly to the path of a career perspective.
A graduate of E-Commerce has knowledge and skills in the field of:
- functioning of the e-commerce system,
- management of e-commerce projects, as well as the principles and sources of their financing and settlement,
- e-commerce techniques and organization (knowledge of on-line sales and making cross-border payments),
- logistics aspects of purchase and sale of products in diversified sales channels,
- legal issues, including data protection in e-commerce,
- entrepreneurship and innovation in e-commerce,
- analysis of data for the purposes of e-commerce analysis in Google Analytics, Qlik, SPSS, Business Intelligence systems, Data Science issues,
- using Internet technologies in e-commerce,
- multi-channel communication and distribution in e-commerce (omnichannel),
- using social media in promotion, advertising and creating the company’s image and planning marketing campaigns in Google Ads,
- creating online stores,
- consumer rights and corporate social responsibility.